Sunday, February 5, 2012

5 Years On

Well, having revisited this blog recently (and having re-discovered some old gems that I had forgotten), I thought that it might be time to review, revisit and reflect, and indeed, to resume posting.

In all honesty, the last five years did not go well. In fact, it sucked.

It started with dreams and hopes, and ended with the crushing reality of life. I am leaving those posts up so that you can see and relish the realities of idealism crushed under the wheels of reality, because real life is often more fascinating than fiction.

My marriage failed, and I am not entirely sorry about that.

Now there are those that would chastise a writer for speaking honestly and transparently, questioning whether or not some things should/should not be aired publicly. I realize now that that fear of honesty and transparency killed all of my writing ambitions and left me mute until today. So, if you fear judgment or retribution for your honesty - kill yourself now.

I have been insanely grateful to read articles from strong, courageous people willing to put their lives under the microscope and not fear the judgement and condemnation of those whose restrictive world view holds sway.

I can only speak from my own perspective - and for the other side of the story, well - blogs are still free. The conflict and the drama are heady and personal - we can only state our position and hope that those with dissenting opinions will exercise their right to free expression as well.

So there.

Now that the disclaimers are out of the way, let's get to the heart of the matter, shall we?

As soon as I can reconcile myself to be open and honest (as I was before I married) I will post my own thoughts and reflections on this life as it is.

Some of you may disagree, but some others may find comfort in the fact that you're not alone, and that in fact, S*** happens to all of us.

I know this info won't reach the one person for whom it might be germane, but who cares?

Signing off in an honestly sad and bitter mood,

The Soon to be Next Ex Wife.

No comments: